Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Indian Eggs
While visiting my friend in Argentina, it was my request to cook a bunch of Indian dishes (yes, she is Indian) -- I needed a break from all the beef and chorizo I had consumed days prior (beginning to feel like a cow...you are what you eat, right?).
The most simple dish being Indian eggs! Here is my version.
Ingredients: eggs, red bell pepper, spinach, onion, cilantro
Spices: kitchen king (found in Indian grocery store or online), turmeric, cumin seed, red pepper flakes, salt

Directions: Chop up the veggies and mix all the ingredients (except cilantro and cumin seeds) together in one bowl. Heat the pan and add oil. Once the oil is heated, add cumin seeds and let them sizzle for a few seconds. Pour the egg mixture into the pan and cook on low until the veggies and slightly softened. Add in cilantro towards the end. Serve!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment